- Heavy Duty, Solid Brass Siphon Mixer with Backflow Preventer
- Spring filter eliminates clogging
- Name brand, quality item
- Time-tested, accurate proportioning device
- Designed for smaller scale growers
- Siphon Mixer proportions at the rate of 1 gallon concentrate to 16 gallons water
- One Gallon of Concentrate is Dispensed in 3 to 5 minutes
- Requires a minimum 35 psi for proper operation
- Available in POP and bulk packaging
How Hozon™ Brass Siphon Mixers Work
The Hozon™ is a time-tested, accurate proportioning device designed for small scale growers for the dispensing of fertilizers, insecticides, fungicides and other water soluble chemicals through a hose.
Operation of The Hozon™ is easy!
Your Hozon™ should be no more than fifty feet from the nozzle end to work correctly. If more than fifty feet of hose is used, the Hozon™ can be connected between two sections of hose.
My Hozon worked last year, but it doesn’t this year and the setup is exactly the same.
- Pull the black siphon tube off the Hozon.
- Place your Hozon™ into a container of vinegar overnight.
- As your Hozon™ is used, fertilizer salts build up inside the stem. The vinegar will fully dissolve these deposits.
Preparing Your Hozon™
Since the Hozon™ proportions at 1:16, under normal conditions the concentrated solution should be made at 16 times the recommended rate.
Example: If a fertilizer recommendation is 2 TBSP per gallon for hand watering, you would make the solution at a rate 16 time greater than the 2 TBSP rate (i.e. 16 x 2 = 32), so 32 TBSP per gallon would be the concentrated rate.
When mixed with water from the hose, the solution will come out the hose end at the recommended rate of 2 TBSP per gallon. The Hozon™ will draw one gallon of concentrate in about five minutes and this will be mixed with approximately 12 to 18 parts of water through the hose, depending on the flow rate.
A larger diameter hose, i.e. 5/8″ instead of 1/2″, will provide a larger flow rate. Excessive back-pressure will cause the siphon to stop drawing. Adjustable nozzles should not be used or should be wide open for best results.